Happy January dear readers and welcome back to the blog! We are VERY excited its January again, and no not because its cold, wet and miserable outside, or because everyone is feeling the pinch after an expensive December, but because its Veganuary... yay!
Here at PandaHQ we love Veganuary and everything it stands for. Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that helps to educate people on the benefits of a vegan lifestyle. Veganuary started in January 2014 with around 3,000 taking part, it has continued to grow year on year with last year hitting a record high of over 700,000 participants!
For the month of January, you can ditch the meat and dairy and give a plant-based lifestyle a try – this month is used to promote a cruelty free lifestyle to kick start the year in a healthier, more sustainable way. In 2023, people from 228 countries and territories took part in Veganuary and more than 1,610 new vegan products and menus were launched. Big brands such as Heinz, Greggs and Burger King have all released new vegan specials to celebrate the occasion. Trying out a vegan diet doesn’t mean giving up your favourite treats and comfort foods. There’s a vegan alternative to almost everything! Veganuary is also a great opportunity to get creative in the kitchen, it’s a chance to try new products and recipes all while knowing that no animal has had to suffer for the food for you are eating.
Veganuary is a great way to start the new year and get a head start on your resolutions! We know it can be tough though, that’s why we’ve pulled together some of our favourite tips and resources to help get you through the month (and hopefully beyond!)
- Plan your meals in advance, this helps when you are doing your weekly food shop so you don’t get side tracked by items you don’t need (or can’t have!).
- Follow a recipe, if you are new to Veganism, you might need a helping hand! some brilliant and easy recipes from all around the world can be found here on the Veganuary website. Whether you are looking for one pot meals, British classics or even the best Caribbean vegan food, they’ve got you covered!
- Educate yourself on why veganism is important. Not only is it good for the animals, but for your health and planet too. The Vegan Society has great information on the importance of veganism here!
- Accidents happen – don’t feel bad if you make a slip up, just accept it, and start again!
- Remember to consider other household items that might not be vegan, did you know most standard toilet roll contains gelatine to bind tissue fibres together?! We think it's gross too and that's why all Cheeky Panda products are certified by The Vegan Society as being suitable for vegans, no animals-based products in sight!
If you haven’t signed up to Veganuary yet but your curious to give it a try, don’t worry – it’s not too late. To learn more about Veganuary and access more resources just head to the official website here
Are you trying Veganuary this year?